Dog trackers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody have a tracker on their dog, if so are you able to recommend any particular brand/model.
I was looking at this one from Pawfit, but I'd rather make a one off payment, than have a monthly subscription.
The other one was PitPat, it is available with a one off payment ,but the Pawfit one seems to have better reviews.

Sponsored Links
I've seen people over the Chase with their dogs so equipped.
But, as the mobile signal is patchy to non - existent over large parts, how much use are they, in such places?

I've seen people over the Chase with their dogs so equipped.
But, as the mobile signal is patchy to non - existent over large parts, how much use are they, in such places?
I thought they used GPS?

Sponsored Links
I thought they used GPS?

Do phones use GPS as well then?
Both the doggie bit and the phone would have to, I'd presume?

I do know that GPS can be quite inaccurate among both trees and tall buildings, so where you walk the dog might affect your choices of gear.

I thought they used GPS?

GPS to know where they are, the mobile network to report where they are to you.

The PitPat sounds the better option, but I guess both depend on how long the manufacturer, and their server, remain in operation.

Is it to track if the dog has been stolen or got lost?

Apple air tags will give you last known location and if the dog walks past someone with an iPhone it will update

Those pitpats look like curfu angle tag bracelets that crims wear.

Last edited:
Some use bluetooth - so the range is extremely limited.

I have used an old phone with a pay as you go sim in, google location/maps managed to track it well enough.

Some use bluetooth - so the range is extremely limited.

I have used an old phone with a pay as you go sim in, google location/maps managed to track it well enough.

What did your dog think about carrying the old dog and bone?

ha ha.
groan.....

I put it in a waterproof enclosure attached to her harness, she ignored it :)

Sponsored Links
Back