Doing as asked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just wonder why the Mods protect [Winston] against criticism and examination of the nonsense he writes.
MOD: Care to elaborate? Mostly both you and Winston have been both barred from threads when you have been "bickering" so i suggest you knock it on the head and quit feeling

singled out.
See https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/new-build-no-door-bell-wiring.506333

I warned the OP to take no notice of any idiots who bang on about not having sockets on lighting circuits - I didn't mention Winston by name. Later Winston chose to self-identify as one by banging on, and lo - my warning got removed, because even when he chooses to do something already flagged, there must not be a whisper of criticism of him.

And, even more shamefully, so determined are you to protect your little pet that you removed all of my post, even though it also contained non-contentious useful advice for the OP. You just don't care, as long as you can provide comfort for Winston nothing else matters.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
All I said was it was stupid or unwise to have a socket in the hallway on the lighting circuit, as one day someone would plug a vacuum cleaner into it and take out the lights.

I standby this as I have seen it happen. It is common sense, not the wittering of an idiot.

Is it possible Mod & winston are one and the same?

I am not a moderator.

OOI, do you remember the wattage of the vac and the CPD?

For the record, I'm not being funny here, I'm interested what it took to blow/ trip the device.

a vacuum cleaner compliant with the 'new EU regulations' would probably not be expected to trip a B6, probably not even on start-up.

Last edited:
The CPD was 6a. The vacuum cleaner I don't know, it was a while back, but some were over 2kW back then.

It was not the only thing on the circuit, lights were on, and I seem to recall a kitchen full of "torches" at 50w each.

so does the 900W 'limit' change your views at all? What appliances other than vacuum cleaners do you envisage people plugging in to sockets in a loft?

I have an 1100W vac.
When used in various sockets on a 6A type B MCB and no other loads connected, it does not trip the MCB.

I have an 1100W vac. When used in various sockets on a 6A type B MCB and no other loads connected, it does not trip the MCB.
Indeed. I wouldn't really expect it to - even with a good few CFLs or LEDs on as well.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back