Domestic Sewing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a pfaff sewing machine. Changing a duff light bulb there was a blue flash. The controller and the motor won't work. New parts cost £250. The machine is five years old not worth the price of parts. Where can I find reasonably priced motor and controller for pfaff tiptonic 6122.

Sponsored Links
This seems odd - how did changing a light bulb cause failure of two such major components?

This might be a silly question, but have you checked that a fuse hasn't blown?

Softus said:
This seems odd - how did changing a light bulb cause failure of two such major components?

This might be a silly question, but have you checked that a fuse hasn't blown?
Hi "Softus"

Changing bulb the glass bit twisted. I was saying to her in doors don't switch power on. She did. There was a blue flash and a smell of burnt plastic. Both the foot controller and motor stopped working. I have managed to get the motor working but foot controller is a no no.

Trouble with electronics is one component fails all others stop working. Open to suggestions ideas for fixing my machine.

Sponsored Links
This is not my area at all, but my approach would be to determine whether the pedal is faulty or the machine. Clearly it's likely to be the latter, but you never know - you might be lucky.

I would expect the pedal to contain a pot, so you could measure its resistance over the range of movement and see if you can get Pfaff to give you a spec to compare it to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back