Door Contact or PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently installed Pyronix Enforcer wifi set up.

I have had a brand new door installed, and although I have checked with the warranty that a couple small door contact screws will be ok, I really dont want to put screws in the new door.

I am considering double sided tape like below, tape is never a best solution over a fixed fitting, so wondering what is best, remove the door contact and use the PIR as you enter the door and is positioned in the hallway as the entry/exit.

Anyone use this set up over a Door contact?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CNFGJFC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored Links
Hi

Not sure but I will take a look, teh package came with the MCMini, but the Nano does look a lot sleeker and smoother overall so even with tape might hold better, I didnt even realise there was this version. Is that the smallest Door Contact they do then?

its relatively new and it will be more discrete and certainly less likely to knocked off

Sponsored Links
Hi

I ordered the Nano and it is much better than the MC Mini.

I am actually questioning my set up though, do I actually need the front door contact? I have a PIR in the Hall which is set to entry route rather than intruder as this will clock anyone as soon as they come into the house. I also have back door as a final exit and again would need to pass the Hall PIR if using a tag or code. I have a keyfob so not an issue for me but other users it will be.

I guess question is if someone breaks in via the front door, with the PIR being set to entry route would they not have the same time to disable the alarm as they would having a door contact, is the door contact pointless with the PIR set to entry route, is setting the PIR to final exit just going to be the same?

front door yes e/e, back door intruder. been to many where its been setup so they can come in through front, patio, back or kitchen doors, not idea

I need the back door to be set to final exit as I use the back door prob more than the front, walking the dog.

Main query was having a front door contact set to final exit and a PIR in hall set to entry route does that not just cancel the other one out I.e scrap the front door contact and set the PIR as final exit?

No ....entry route will give full alarm if they break in by other area ...eg window

If it’s set to entry route I don’t think it will give full alarm

Ok I didn’t have time to test it today so that’s good to know

thanks

On another point earlier, the nano does come with double sided sticky tape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back