Door says open when closed!

Sponsored Links
I ve found a pdf for this panel it lists a tech support number 01372450 960

They should be able to help you it's definitely worth giving them a try

If you link t4 and common together with a small piece of wire does it still say open going to closed when you re move one end of that wire ?

Interesting.

ALthough I HATE calling 0870 numbers with a passion as it's open license for companies to keep you holding on the phone and skin you for cash, I called the Friedland customer care number today.

The phone was answered in about 4 rings and after a brief explanation of the problem I was told I was being put through to a "wiring expert" !

Again, told him the problem and before I had finished, he said he knew what the problem was.

Apparently, the SA5 (and alot of other alarms according to him) have ONE of the wired loops set up for "reverse" sensing like my problem. (Ie: Open when closed and closed when open). The reason according to him is for wiring in star pressure pad mats (?!).

He said that all I needed to do was wire two of the doors in series (so effectively they are considered as one door to the SA5, but will provide the correct logic for the contacts).

Impressive customer care service!

Sure enough, all working now except that the garage door is know as the "Kitchen door" and the Kitchen door is know as the "Kitchen Door" aswell.

Sorted!

Thanks all so much for your help/suggestions and input.

Mondriver

the bloke you spoke to LIED, its not common at all, pressure mats went out with neloson's eye.

glad its working though.

and when it goes wrong, we will still be here :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I agree with Breezer. Haven't seen a mat in 15 years.

BTW, how does series wiring alter the logic?

Lol...thanks breezer!
...and what do you think will be causing me headaches in the future then...?!!

(...just so I know what to expect!)

nothing in particular really, other than cheap panel, has radio.

one thing i will say though.

make notes now of how its wired what volage is where, what lights are on when its unset etc and write it down twice (sepate papaer)

then you will have something to use as a dipstick, to refer to as in what it was (now) as to how it will be (then)

securespark said:
Logic 4 is an old key-op ADE panel.

no, its not is it? (breezer said in a sarcastic voice)

who cares, since the op said

mondriver said:
The new alarm is a Friedland SA5.

and has also solved the problem

sorrry securespark, but its a bit too late now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back