Doorbell wiring to the door keeps breaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok here is my problem. My doorbell push button is mounted on the door itself thus giving me a minor problem. As you can see from the photo the wiring to the door is a weak point as it moves every time you open the door. I have tried making neat loops that move with the door but they only last a few weeks. The only thing that works is to just leave it more or less as you can see in the photo which I must say lasts many years but once again the wire has broken.

Question is does anyone know of a doorbell cable device which will help me with this problem???

I have seen some alarm cables in the past connected to doors and look like telephone cables but I cant seem to find them anywhere on the internet

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the wire solid strand? If you connect one side to an enclosed terminal block on the door frame, the other end to an enclosed block on the door and loop them together with a piece of flexible wire (you can get it for automotive purposes) it should last ages.

The junction boxes and door loop slup links to will work because the wire is not normal wire, it resembles string (really it does) it is purpose made so that it can do just what you want.

how ever why not move the bell push? you can always put a note where it was pointing to where it is, much cheaper (thats going to cost you £13.79 inc postage) moving it is free

Sponsored Links
Or use the two hinges. Put one wire to top hinge, other to bottom. Bridge the door using the hinges to carry the current.

Why can't you put the bell push on the door frame like everyone else nowadays? (mine is on the door frame) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back