Double anaconda on the Meter? GAS Boiler Service.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the annual boiler service and the engineers report has come from the cover company stating we need to have remedial work completed to prevent any potential claims in the future being declined on our policy.

Remedial work required: double anaconda on the meter.

I presume this means the two pipes on the meter, this meter was installed by the gas board in 2017/18 and previous boiler service engineers have never mentioned anything being wrong.

Am I responsible or the gas board?

Sponsored Links
Gasboard /cadent /your supplier not your responsibility in anyway .
but its got absolutely nothing to do with anything regards boiler servicing insurances or warranties it doesnt affect the boiler in any way whatsoever .
Is the meter inside or outside the property and is it an anaconda on either side of the meter and not two joined together can you stick a picture up

Last edited:
Gasboard /cadent /your supplier not your responsibility in anyway .
but its got absolutely nothing to do with anything regards boiler servicing insurances or warranties it doesnt affect the boiler in any way whatsoever .
Is the meter inside or outside the property and is it an anaconda on either side of the meter and not two joined together can you stick a picture up
20220803_120125.jpg
20220803_152419.jpg

Sponsored Links
i take it you live in a single storey house otherwise he has missed something

Pity he didn't mention the electrical cables in proximity of meter
Do you mean those earth cables? The meter is approx 30cm away from the mains cable coming into the house and the distribution board.

soz i worded it wrong , i meant is there just one floor above the ground floor and not 2 floors
Just got to work out how I prove to the cover policy insurer that nothing is wrong so it doesn't affect our policy. They want prove of remedial works.

Just got to work out how I prove to the cover policy insurer that nothing is wrong so it doesn't affect our policy. They want prove of remedial works.
put the shoe on the other foot ask them why it would affect policy when it has absolutely nothing to do with the boiler . Its is something that is classed as NCS not to current standards .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back