Double Garage - how much to pay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a new double garage, 6mx6m, 40 degree pitched roof with heavy duty beams to support storage. It's on a sloping site and needs decent foundations and a base as there are trees nearby

originally, about 2 years ago, a builder said to me 'ballpark 10k'

more recently a second builder said '8-11k'

but their written quotes have been much, much higher than those indications which is annoying as i applied for planning on the back of those indications and simialar from the architect. I know it's a big garage with a big roof but it's not buck palace and i'm sorting the door separately.

Sponsored Links
The rotten buggers...don`t they know there`s a recession on. :evil:

Recession or not, only a fool is going to work for nothing.

Materials have shot up more than 20% since two years ago

Get some more quotes, and stop when you get one which you like

that's the plan mate. My annoyance is at the gap between 'ballpark' and reality.. i'd expect some potential variation but 8k to 27k is a ****ing **** take imho

Recession or not, only a fool is going to work for nothing.

Materials have shot up more than 20% since two years ago

Get some more quotes, and stop when you get one which you like

Sponsored Links
I built my detached 6m x 5.9m garage (flat roof with small mono pitch at the front) earlier this year and it cost in total 10k. I did all of it myself apart from the brick laying.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back