Downstairs toilet drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new single story extension built.

Drainage for a new downstairs toilet has been installed. The origianl manhole was relocated (as it would have been in the extension) and a new run for the downstairs toilet was made directly to the new manhole (this is only servicing the toilet and nothing else). At the moment I have the underground pipe coming up vertically through the floor inside the cloakroom.

How do I connect this to my toilet when I install it? Does it need to be vented in anyway?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use a 90 degree pan connector.

No need for vents to the toilet or pipework, only that the system has a s.v.p. at the head of the drain. But, the w.c. itself, i.e. the room the loo is in will need a mechanical extractor vent.

pan conn':
fragment_pan_connectors.jpg

As stated, B Regs. do allow a direct, unvented connection of a ground floor w/c to the foul drain system provided the distance to the drain invert is no more than 1.3m & the system has vent elsewhere.

I assume you’re aware that forming a new w/c & a making a new connection to the foul drain system is notifyable building work & is subject to both BR’s & inspection! ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. It has all been done and passed by building control but wasn't sure on the connection. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back