Dr who, did you see it

The music has changed, much more orchestral now, nothing like as frightening, if your feeling truly nerdy, you can sample the different theme tunes here Along with loads of others to take you down memory lane.

As to last nights Dr Who, I thought it was excellent, I'm quite glad to see that they haven't really tried to go all massive budget sets and special effects 'cos I don't think they'd have managed to get away with it, quite liked the humour element.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Bit late joining in but I hope someone reads this. What I particularly liked was that although they have upped the budget a tad from 5/ and a packet of woodbines , for those of you pre 1973 when Jon was the DR, to about 5 squillion quid, they still put in what must be deliberately crap special effects such as the Dr in photos at Kennedy assasination. In todays digital age these should have been much better, but I'm glad they weren't. Chris Ecclestone seems to have a good idea of what a doctor should be and harks back to pertwee and baker(tom).
Also the music has changed and was the only slight dent in the programme for me. I've been wailing at the kids for a fortnight doing the theme tune and it didn't have the pay off since it doesn't wail anymore.

Wasn't Katy Manning one of the companoins , with Jon Pertwee.

shame about the lack of cliff-hangers, that is it is condensed into one show rather than running over several weeks.

More use of CGI,CSO and Virtual Reality will be used these days as the cost of the sets is prohibitive at least till more budget is given if it takes off as hoped
Funnily enough with talk of wobbly sets in the old days these were by no means cheap and massive sets taking up all the space of TC6 or even TC1 would be built over several days, I personally think these sets were more aesthetic, when you walked into these sets and as long as you didn't look up(and see the studio lamps) then you could quite easily immerse yourself in the feel of the set what with the visuals and the smell, shame that smellyvision wasn't available then as this would have added to the effect.
Shame with the way finances are these days that more and more overlay is used as it was truly jaw dropping sometimes when you first walked into a completed set.

Oh dear he's quit! this will put the mockers on the producer's choice of not starting off the series with a regeneration now he's gonna have to come up with one pronto, funny how facts affect fiction.
So who do you think would best fill the role? I'll start off with Tony Blair for his visionary and futuristic thinking he'd not be out of place for years to come. and for his assistant i'd love to see Maureen Rees from that driving school programme, her grasp of the english language coupled with her knack for getting into disastrous situations would certainly add humour to the role.

If they're keeping Billie Piper on I might be persuaded to take on the role of Doctor myself!

By the way, I think the doctor is nothing but a showoff with his sonic screwdriver, why can't he use a cordless like the rest of us?

I heard Cherrie Blair has been picked to play some obscene looking android but she is about to turn it down as she said she didnt want to be type cast

Freddie said:
I heard Cherrie Blair has been picked to play some obscene looking android but she is about to turn it down as she said she didnt want to be type cast
some men find her attractive , quite a few found maggie thatcher attractive aswell! eurggggh pass me a bucket :LOL:

kendor said:
Freddie said:
some men find her attractive , quite a few found maggie thatcher attractive aswell! eurggggh pass me a bucket :LOL:

I can understand the thing with Maggie, i think it was the power thing that some men like.

Who the **** could find anything attractive in something that looks like a cross between a Witch and a baby bird???? I have never heard of anybody stooping that low

Freddie said:
kendor said:
Freddie said:

I can understand the thing with Maggie, i think it was the power thing that some men like.

Who the **** could find anything attractive in something that looks like a cross between a Witch and a baby bird???? I have never heard of anybody stooping that low
great description of maggie :LOL: her nose did look like a beak! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back