Dragons Den - Pump Removal Tool Invention

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone watch dragons den tonight? There was a guy selling a product called radclamp to remove rads of the wall without draining. The tool that really caught my eye was the pump removal tool.

I think if the Dragons picked on the nightmare it is to something’s remove ceased pump nuts that have been on systems for 20 years plus that are also usually close to pipes and hard to reach, they would have invested in this invention but then again they aren’t plumbers lol

The amount of times I know my brother has nearly hit a copper cylinder trying to break lose the nuts when something like this would make an excellent crimbo prez :D

If anyone can tell me where I can buy this pump tool?

Sponsored Links
The Dragons had NO IDEA what on earth they were for, or what he was on about. The rad draining kit has been on sale for a while.

He needs to invent another pipe slice to hit the big time.

I agree the Dragons have no idea of the head aches us poor plumbers get day in and day out. All it needed was a bit of a cash investment for marketing and the radclamp would be in all DIY shops by Christmas!

Do you know if you can buy that pump removal tool from anywhere. ive searched ebay lol :D

Sponsored Links
expertgasman you are a star thanks.

It would be interesting to see how that tape tool works.! I love gizmo tools :LOL:

Looked like a load of christmas cracker rubbish. My large pump spanner and blow lamp will overcome any siezed pump nut on planet earth lol

yes but my giant sledge hammer is also great at removing valves lol :D if theres an easier and more affective way of doing something i would rather have the tool for the job than struggle on.

gimmicky ****e for diyers that know no better. i thought the dragons cut through the ****e pretty quickly.

none of that is particularly time saving for a professional and any diyer that uses it is deluding themselves.

The key facts about pump nuts:

- Mostly, they sieze because the cast-iron pump threads have corroded.
- The brass nut doesn't really corrode itself and usually is not actually attached via its htreads to the iron.

The commonest problem in undoing it (IMHO) is that the nut itself is quite thin, so if squeezed and distorted by a spanner or (especially) Stilsons, it locks onto the corroded iron threads. If the nut is kept exactly round by not using Stilsons and lubricated with Plus-Gas or similar, it will usually unscrew quite easily.

The exceptions are usually joints where the USELESS fibre washer provided with the valve has been used, requiring savage tightening to stop it leaking at first fit. Rubber washers, as ALWAYS provided with Grundfos pumps, are much better!

The other easy option is to cut it most of the way through with a Junior hacksaw and knock it round until loose with a small cold chisel and a light hammer.

It's not obvious to me exactly how the Kamco thing works. Which bit do you hit? Or is it supposed to give a better grip to a VERY large wrench?

myson pumps came with rubber washers and they were ****e. grundfos always seem to be easier to change.

i don't fanny about anymore. if it won't move it gets a single cut right the way through and cracked with a sharp flatblade driver. it comes off easy enough then.

By putting on coppa-slip all your doing is helping out the next man on the job........................guaranteed they will call someone else by then.

Andy

I believe there is an extradition treaty for plumbers between UK & US.

well if they want me back that bad all they have to do is call john holder :idea:

the local sheriff , mind he will tell them to p off

i havent finished his pool yet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back