Dragons Den - Pump Removal Tool Invention

OK I've got to fess up. I bought a Radwrench some time ago, but it was metal of some kind, not nylon! It's quite good at holding radiator valves & I do carry it around in my hand tools bag. I'm not on 'the tools' as much as I'd like & i'm very selective as to what I carry, so I'd give it a 8/10.

Have to agree that the Radwrench did look handy, and certainly the most promising thing in their range as it's cheap, simple and no doubt cheap to produce.

Mind you, I only do plumbing on a DIY basis, so perhaps the pros already have better ways of working on rad valves without scratching them.

Sponsored Links
Yes Matt there's many other ways of holding a rad valve, but it's still quite a good tool, if a wee bit of a gimmick.

why dosent somebody invent a tool removal tool
then we might be able to get rid of puller and his cronies

and actually have a plumbing forum again

instead of every other thread getting bogged down with the inane drivel that is the norm these
days

you want "banter" join a freakin chat room :rolleyes:

Chrome RAD Wrench Vs. Plastic RAD Wrench ding ding ding

I’m guessing there is only one way to find out what’s best, as harry hill would say FIGHT lol :D

Sponsored Links
problem.
the products looked to gimmicky.

solution.
STOP that bloke from talking,good god he was annoying.

ive got a set of those aston super wrenches and i think there the bees knees,even the plumber i work with trys to nick them.

why would a plumber want a tool that makes the job quicker. i thought if you need a new tap washer you would end up paying for a new sink :LOL:

When I did Kamco course, they demonstrated one. The guy pointed out its a great bit of kit, but massively undermarketed!! That is why the designers are skint!:

http://www.kamco.co.uk/PumpNutTool.htm

Hope that helps.

I've got a pair of those they didn't work for me. My other techniques had to come out the bag. In first instance I put large footprint on and "tap" with lump hammer. If that fails hacksaw ring nut.

Nope that pair of nut grippers appear to be a good invention but in the event, as much use as a chocolate fireguard. What is needed for undoing pump nuts is a plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back