Dragons Den - Pump Removal Tool Invention

i watched it and thought that all the products were crap! 2 sharp taps with a hammer and i've never had a problem with pump nuts, as for the tap gizmo it shows they have no idea! a bit of thick cardboard is all that i use to protect the chrome only scratched 1 tap in 30 years and that was due to my own stupity at the time!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Well you know what they say; If you can't get a woman, get a nice auld man.............. :LOL: :LOL:

Oh!! Steady on chaps, we're not to have any banter on this forum!!!
Gawd forbit!!!

You have got to give it to them, they did try and from the sounds of it are making a living from the products, whilst I am still working 7 days a week to pay my mortgage lol

We can all say yes my hammer does the job etc etc but what did people say about other plumber tools when they was first invented which I am sure was all negative until the Joneses bought it next door.

I’m sure there are lots of ways to do plumbing jobs the old traditional ways before some tools were invented to assist? Basically its human nature to fight change.

How many people own a dish washer / what’s wrong with a sink? How many people use a hover / what’s wrong with a brush? The point is these things are not essential to do the job and if I have a bit of dirt on the floor I would use a brush instead of a hover. If I had a couple of pots to wash I would use a sink instead of a dishwasher.

The same goes for if I had a difficult nut on a pump I might use this pump tool instead of a trying to swing a hammer and screw driver into an area full of copper pipes and a copper cylinder.

anyway bit of sociology for you lol

good luck to them I say.. :rolleyes:

OK I've got to fess up. I bought a Radwrench some time ago, but it was metal of some kind, not nylon! It's quite good at holding radiator valves & I do carry it around in my hand tools bag. I'm not on 'the tools' as much as I'd like & i'm very selective as to what I carry, so I'd give it a 8/10.

As for the other tools, 3/10.

did you even watch it? from the figures they gave they are not making money at all.

also a brush isn't much good for sweeping a carpet.

Easy way to undo pump nuts is to put the stilsons/grips on the points of the nut and not the flat.

The more pressure you put on the flat the harder they are to unscrew.

Always heat the nut, there's a danger of crushing or splitting it if you don't.

hi nickso

Yes the money didn’t sound good on paper but that’s what they wanted part of the money for to pay one persons wages. So from the sounds of it they are manufacturing the kits themselves and the profit is currently being used to run the business and pay one persons wages.

you cant manufacture anything in the uk these days and make a tidy profit lol...

Get your tools sent overseas for manufacturing and then come back with good profit margin and then if i am a dragon "you have got yourself a deal" forget about the invention think about the money lol

DeltaT was the wrench that red spammer looking thing? I am guessing its to hold the value in place instead of using a spanner or grips that can sometimes scratch your chrome valve.

Its sounds a better idea in plastic which is going to be lighter and probably even more less likely to mark the chrome valve. "you know what some snobby customers are like" lol :p

DeltaT was the wrench that red spammer looking thing? I am guessing its to hold the value in place instead of using a spanner or grips that can sometimes scratch your chrome valve.

Its sounds a better idea in plastic which is going to be lighter and probably even more less likely to mark the chrome valve. "you know what some snobby customers are like" lol :p

No Bill it is metal, steel I guess??!! But it doesn't mark the radiator valves. Not sure if the 'nylon' one would be up to it?

As for gripping a chrome tap to re-washer it, well, as others have said, cardboard or a heavy cloth with mole grips does the trick.

Anyone remember the Ramrad for emptying radiators, a set up with a bike pump, where you pumped air into the rad & all the water went into the F&E tank?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back