drain F+e tank

The inhibitor you inject into the bleed nipple. You switch off both rad valves and crack open one of the nuts attaching the rad valve to the radiator. Drain off some waterinto a suitable container(enough to let the inhibitor in) Tighten nut back up. Inject inhibitor. Open radvalves. Bleed radiator.

Sponsored Links
Ive seen they make a concentrated form you put in via the rad bleed valve, so similar to what one of you mentioned. To do that I would turn both valves off -lockshield and other one ? and bleed the rad as such but how do you get enough water out to add in the concentrate ? sorryy to sound thick , but I am !
The plumber should have added some but he probably didnt have any in the van so just said there was enough in it and took the money ! He wasnt cheap 40 an hour !

If you go that method then leave the valves on unless the instructions recommend otherwise. This will allow the water displaced by adding the inhibitor to the system under pressure to push back up into the feed+expansion tank.

Not sure that works.......the ones ive used u have to take the bleed nipple out completely , so u need to shut off radiator.

Suppose it depends what injection method u use.

Sponsored Links
Not sure that works.......the ones ive used u have to take the bleed nipple out completely , so u need to shut off radiator.

Suppose it depends what injection method u use.

My bad, having not used this method before I had assumed that the inhibitor was injected under pressure. On afterthought, I can see how that wouldn't work with the majority of bleed valves anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back