Draining and refilling a Worcester 12/14 Heatslave boiler

Thanks Jackthom; do you think I can drain down the water from what looks like a small 'tap' next to the white plastic pipe in the boiler photo?
This should drain the expansion tank I think. Will this be enough to stop the water in the pipes when I disconnect the compression joints?

Sponsored Links
It will directly drain the tank and also the rest of the system via the boiler, so yes that's an ideal place. (Shift those electrical cables though.)

You'll have to remove a good few pints at a time then carefully loosen one of those loft 10mm compression fittings to check the remaining water pressure. Repeat until little or nothing is squirting out of the fitting.
I don't suppose there's much room to get a container under either of those loft fittings so plenty of old towels/rags just in case the ceiling gets a soaking.

Okay. Really grateful for your help. This is the first time I've used this forum and I now feel confident enough to tackle it this weekend. Hopefully there will be enough pressure to make them work. Hope you don't mind if I get in touch again if necessary.

Very useful forum this. There's always someone around to pitch in with help if necessary. (y)

Also lots of tips and info about systems plus frequently asked questions near the top of the main page.

Sponsored Links
Hi John

Thanks for asking. Heating has been on for about 30mins and the gauge is reading 0.4bar.

Hi doc, I'm nicely familiar with the Heatslave and I think its a grand combi with a burner (B9A) that's as good as it gets.
For the life of me I can't understand why yours isn't filled by the mains though - maybe someone else will know.
Enjoy the project! I lived in Whittingham for a few years before uni and loved it there.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back