Drayton Tempus 3 - can't turn heating off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Living in a rented house no manual for the heating system
It is a Tempus Three

Despite thinking I have no heating selected it is belting out heat several times a day

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a manual ?
Or tell me how to turn the heating off totally without affecting the water
I am at my wits end

Thank you in advance :cry:

Sponsored Links
I would like to re programme or adjust settings myself it is not convenient for me to wait in for an engineer
I have searched google anyone have a link to a manual please

Sponsored Links
I would like to re programme or adjust settings myself it is not convenient for me to wait in for an engineer
I have searched google anyone have a link to a manual please

My point is, that if you have turned the thermostat down, then the heating should be off.

If you can't work out how to set up the timer without the manual you are doubly screwed.

You'll have to wait for an engineer. What is more inconvenient?

The fault is not necessarily in the Tempus programmer.

Have you got a hot water cylinder, and do the radiators warm up when the cylinder is being heated, e.g. after you have been running the hot taps?

Do the upstairs radiators get warmer than the downstairs ones?

To save wasting heat and money, turn the radiator knobs down to shut them off.

Hi I have a hot water cylinder, the radiators warm up when the water is being heated
I had already turned off the upstairs so don't know if they would of got hotter than down stairs
But downstairs get stupidly hot

Thanks

Beyond my ability to fix I have no tools
Will have to ring landlord after all :(

Hi all

Got emailed a 10 page document
Can't open it on my phone but will unzip it when I get home
As people say they are hard to get can I send it to admin somehow to share ?
Thanks

As others have said, if the thermostat is set to 0, then your heating should not being coming on.

You should be able to turn your heating off on the Tempus Three with the second button from the right. See this post for a picture: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...l-cm927-wireless-thermostat-to-system.351751/

It sounds like a motorized value is stuck open letting water through to the heating circuit and the radiators.

Also worth checking that the motorized valve has not been accidentally overridden with the manual override lever.[/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back