Drayton Tempus 7 problem - HELP needed!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, The display on my Tempus 7 programmer is on the wonk and we don't have any hot water (or heating, not that we need it at the moment!)

The 'current time' display has gone completely and the settings will not register. The buttons on the left and right side (water/heating) do not work either. The sliding button on the bottom does not do anything. If I replace it, will my boiler work again?

Any help will be much appreciated, damn, I need a shower!

Sponsored Links
Perhaps there is no power to the timeclock (some clocks loose the display even with battery backup). There should be a fused switchplate or plug for the heating system.

The times at the bottom of the display i.e.on/off times are there, but they will not change. They change when the slider is moved, but they cannot be altered??

The black dot at either side for 'on, boost' etc. is not there, nor is the 'current time'

TIA

SOunds broke then. Try turning off at the mains for a while, it might feel better when it wakes up. I've still got some of those, new old stock, if you want another email me (see profile).

Sponsored Links
Hi doitall

I do still have the userguide and tried everything, but it still won't work.

On the link you posted, where it has 12:35PM and the 2 black dots, they have 'disappeared' and aren't there at all now.

Press select and time+ at the same time and it resets the programmer to factory settings

Otherwise its duff, and you want a new one.

I have an old model Tempus 7 (about 10 years old) and the LCD display is almost gone. When I buy the new model, will it fit on the old backplate so I don't have to do any wiring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back