Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have installed the Drayton wiser hub r and have connected it to the dual digital thermostats. Whenever I increase the temp on the thermostats the little flame appears, and the LED for heating on the hub r lights up but the central heating on the boiler does not come on. We do not have a thermostat in the house. Have I wired this incorrectly and if so how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance
198369.jpg

Sponsored Links
Might have been better in plumbing/heating sub-forum, or electrical, However I digress. What boiler do you have? Any timers, other switches?

Sorry I'm new to this site and it's confusing to navigate it.. took me a couple days to manage to upload the photo and now I can't seem to figure how to add another lol it's an ideal max combi C30 gas boiler. It had the Drayton lifestyle lp522 installed which has the same wall plate as the Drayton wiser hub r. I tried to re wire it but alas the heating doesn't come on when I use the thermostat. However I can get heating if I manually press the the heating button on the hub r. Any advice?

If you have no thermostat with the wiser hub, then it won’t work, as it’s designed to work with one. Otherwise it’s a manual override switch. Assuming you bought the single channel and not dual channel, wiring appears to be good.

Sponsored Links
We have just moved in and there are no thermostat in the house. Therefore we're trying to install the Drayton wiser. It comes with the hub r and two digital thermostats. It is a dual channel. Would this need to wired?

If you have a Combi boiler then dual channel is wrong for your system. The previous programmer was a dual channel too, are you sure it’s a Combi boiler?

Having looked at the wiring diagram (moved to an area with better mobile internet), try removing the link from L to 1, it’s already provided in the dual channel. You’ll just have a device capable of hot water timing, but not doing anything.

Thanks for your help. We tried removing link from L to 1 like you suggested but nothing changed. So we then put the link between 1 and 3 and it has solved the issue and it's working perfectly now.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi. I have danffos programming unit in cupboard downstairs and danffos RX unit at the boiler. Do I will need rewire two in one or just change the programming unit for the Wiser kit 1?
70678BEF-7940-4F4C-8B43-7B2B5472BC3A.jpeg

7F0A01B4-E826-4DE8-93E7-A1B065CEA7E5.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back