Drayton Wiser - what Danfoss radiator valve type is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.

My Drayton Wiser system seems to be working nicely with one issue; when the room thermostat downstairs reaches its minimum temperature and triggers the boiler, both of my upstairs radiators (fitted with the Drayton smart thermostat) come on even though those rooms are above their threshold as set in the app. The radiators had Danfoss thermostats and I had installed the Danfoss adapter that was supplied with the system (shown here). It seemed to fit well enough but now I am wondering if this was the correct adapter after all. This is my valve adapter, which doesn't appear to match the any of the types shown in the Drayton doc. Can anyone confirm what type this is or what adapter should be used?
IMG-20191123-110139.jpg

All advice gratefully received :)

Sponsored Links
Looks like a RasC2...if it is you should have a small vertical arrow on the grey bit to indicate flow for adjustment of the valve internals.

I think you are right; I'll get onto Drayton to confirm the adapter type required. Thanks for your help :)

Did anyone find a solution? I also have Danfoss RAS-C2 valves and Drayton Wiser smart thermostats. They aren’t working correctly together. Drayton told me that RAS-C2 isn’t compatible. They said I have two options, get an adapter from a company called Conrad or replace the valve bodes. I have emailed Conrad numerous times to find a suitable adapter but I haven’t had a response. Has any else had more luck? Thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks Chris. The one in the box is for a Danfoss RA valve. I have Danfoss RAS-C2 valve.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
We have also just had the fun realisation that our Danfoss RAS-C2s are incompatible.

If you find out which adapter is needed, could you let me know? I am just talking to their support to find out as well. Will post here if I find out.

Our intermittent solution was to unscrew the Wiser TRVs a little bit, just to the point where water could be heard rushing into the radiators.

This works ok (but it means all radiators get lukewarm when the boiler is firing). The alternative being that the radiators don't get up to full heat. But it's an either-or decision unfortunately.

I have also noticed that the Wiser TRVs don't use nearly their full range of motion. In fact, it would appear that the range of motion used is about 10% of the total.

You can see just how much they can move during calibration but then after that they only use a tiny fraction of that. If they actually used their full range of motion, this adapter issue wouldn't even exist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back