Drill Key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not as funny as some of the stories on here but anyway...

Doing some hurried fence repairs in the back garden (it was going to rain) I forgot to take the chuck key out of my drill and fired it up! I watched the thing fly in a perfect arc across my neighbours gardens and smash through a greenhouse. :oops:

It was only after apologising and fixing the glass I realised how lucky I had been not to lose my eyesight.

Sponsored Links
Chuckless drills, the way forward.. If you're like me "back in the old days" I bought one *single* speed drill and about a hundred chuck keys. It was still a rubbish drill...... Tools, workmen etc, I know.

tape the chuck key to the mains lead
2 foot from the drill
you wont forget to take it out or loose it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

big all

Eddie.... chuckless drills would indeed be interesting.

The only trouble with keyless chucks, is when the bit jams and the chuck keeps undoing when your trying to loosen the drill bit.

Those plastic ones are c*** too, if you catch them they break to easily, always go for the steel ones if possible.

Sponsored Links
"tape the chuck key to the mains lead"

The simplest things in life are usually the best! :) Thanks for that.

A chuckless drill? I used to have a drillless drill but I don't know where it is anymore. :LOL:

i have a suggestion where to put it

but retrival would require a bit of flexability

and a clothes peg :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"A chuckless drill? I used to have a drillless drill but I don't know where it is anymore." Ha ha ha that was so funny I almost split my sides.....

DagenhamDave said:
Not as funny as some of the stories on here but anyway...
It made me chuckle :LOL: Glad nobody was in the firing line though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back