Drilled through a water pipe

Sponsored Links
no worries, solution s found, ordered them off amazon ++ the torch works for creme brûlée so might reward myself post repair :LOL:
You have to admit, she's come up with some stonking responses!
I like Angela Brady. :D

That looks useful.
I suppose it would be a bigger job on a pipe in a plastered wall, though!

There is a cheaper version which is two halves of a tube , one piece put over hole with rubber washer, other piece under pipe , then clamped together by four small nuts and bolts , dosent take up any space at all and can be plastered over .

Sponsored Links
There is a cheaper version which is two halves of a tube , one piece put over hole with rubber washer, other piece under pipe , then clamped together by four small nuts and bolts , dosent take up any space at all and can be plastered over .
Like this?

So this is a permanent repair, then? Do you have a link to the seller?

Any news on this repair Angela? Good to see pictures of what you have done, as I can't image you have had the water turned off all week.

Andy

Hi all,
I decided to renovate the kitchen this lockdown, it was going quite well until I wanted to put up the suspension rail for the base cabinets and accidentally drilled through a water pipe. I have shut off the water in the house and I have dug around it a little and can see that its not a full hole just a dent in a copper pipe but water still leaked out.
I had some milliput from when I did the sink plumbing so I have temporarily stuck that on, but what next? Is there a permanent solution, I don't want to pay for a plumber unless I absolutely have to.
Please advise.
thanks
There is pushfit plastic stuff if you get stuck and you can get to it no soldering required

UPDATE*** Solution found.
You need 3 things :
Soldering Flex Paste
Flowflex repair patch
Gas burner mini blow torch.

takes 20-30 min.

Incorrect you need six your forgetting knowledge, experiance and skill.

You'll end up needing a plumber !!!

I caught a pipe last year.

Replacing floorboards - helpfully, someone had painted the floorboards to show the position of the pipework underneath. Unhelpfully, when a new heating system was added, the installer didn't carry on the trend. I cursed myself for not checking. Although I did find out that I have not one, not two, not three, but four stop cocks. The fourth one was difficult to find.... particularly when the lights had fused and the cellar was dark.
Lost a ceiling that day and used up every swear word I know.

@lenny,
I put a cable and plug on one of these Emergency Lights (see link) and leave it plugged in dark cellar.

Then if there is a power failure (at least at the sockets) it comes on so I can get out of basement (or unplug it and use it as a torch).

Would be better wired into lighting circuit, but for me my 'plug in version' works better - especially as its permanently on green 'standby' LED glow makes it easty to find and illuminates most of the cellar anyway.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emergenc...omplete-With-Legend-Set-LEDBRITE/173896342795
SFK

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
@lenny,
I put a cable and plug on one of these Emergency Lights (see link) and leave it plugged in dark cellar.

Then if there is a power failure (at least at the sockets) it comes on so I can get out of basement (or unplug it and use it as a torch).

Would be better wired into lighting circuit, but for me my 'plug in version' works better - especially as its permanently on green 'standby' LED glow makes it easty to find and illuminates most of the cellar anyway.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emergenc...omplete-With-Legend-Set-LEDBRITE/173896342795
SFK

Good call!

I'll be getting onboard with that.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I caught a pipe last year.

Replacing floorboards - helpfully, someone had painted the floorboards to show the position of the pipework underneath. Unhelpfully, when a new heating system was added, the installer didn't carry on the trend. I cursed myself for not checking. Although I did find out that I have not one, not two, not three, but four stop cocks. The fourth one was difficult to find.... particularly when the lights had fused and the cellar was dark.
Lost a ceiling that day and used up every swear word I know.

Ha or someone moves the pipes to somewhere else instead of under there and doesn't mark them. Or marks the whole width when you could get a fixing down the side of them. Then you have to list them anyway to find out where or if you can fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back