Drilling into metal canopy post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At my work place we have a big canopy that's held up by 100x100mm metal posts. I need to attached a conduit ducting to run wire down along the side of it. One option I think is to glue down a flat trunking. Other option is to attach conduit with a few screws. Just wondering is it safe to drill into this and put some self tappers in?

Sponsored Links
I need to attached a conduit ducting to run wire down along the side of it. One option I think is to glue down a flat trunking. Other option is to attach conduit with a few screws. Just wondering is it safe to drill into this and put some self tappers in?

The glue, will quickly become un-glued. No reason not to drill it, then either tap a thread in it or use self-tappers.

Given the choice of drilling a load of holes in presumably quite thick steel, probably up a ladder, or sticking the trunking on with something like the double sided foam tape used on number plates, or tigerseal, or cable ties, I would go for the lazy option

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back