Dripping Shower Megaflow Recharge for Noob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks is advance.

I have been told that my dripping shower may be resolved by recharging my megaflow.

The first step is to shut off cold water to megaflow. Where will I find that? :oops:

Pics of system and instructions below

Thanks

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

Sponsored Links
if there isnt a stop tap in your cupboard look under your kitchen sink and just use your mains stop cock

Ok done that, thanks for the reply. Just follwing other steps and hopefully it will all be good.

Is it me or does it look like the PRV has a bend in the pipe back towards the wall? Ok it makes the pipe work look neater but it should not be done this way.

Sponsored Links
The bend is OK , but I wonder where the pressure reducing valve is :confused:

I thought it had to drop straight down for a prescribed distance without any bends or is this after the tundish (cant remember :oops: ).

I thought it had to drop straight down for a prescribed distance without any bends or is this after the tundish (cant remember :oops: ).

600mm max from T+P to first bend of D1.

300mm vertical minimum before any bend after the
tundish on D2

Ok the reset of the bubble in the mega flow doesnt seem to have helped the drip. Can anyone give me any ideas of what it could be. Its a thermostatic shower btw

Yes, quite easy to do. Turn off water supply to shower (hot and cold) Remove front cover, should pull off or be fixed with a centre screw. Then depending on what type of shower, it will be either have 4 screws, one in each corner or a large nut to undo. Remove, replace cartridge, replace cover and turn on water supply to check for leaks.

When you buy the cartridge, it will be come will instructings. Or you can down load the instructions

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back