Dropped soldier course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
We live in a vicrorian flat, the soldier course above the top window ( two floors up) is starting to look like it's going to come down completely, obviously I would need scaffold up there but even then it still looks a bit out of my league.. I can throw a few blocks / bricks down to make a garden wall , it looks OK when rendered but think I will leave this one to someone with expertise. I just want a bit of knowledge about what it entails. Have added a picture but appreciate its a bit dark. Any help greatly appreciated.
Best Guy

Attachments

• 1589993067283-1141629076.jpg
    1589993067283-1141629076.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 245
Sponsored Links
Considering that every breathing human being has a camera that will beat anything David Bailey could do, that is the worst photo I have ever seen. And we don't even need to buy film or pay to get them developed now either.

Try harder.

Sponsored Links
the camera has been tricked by including the bright sky in the exposure. Try again with the sun behind you and keep the sky out of your composition.

Reading your words, has the original sturdy wooden window been pulled out, and replaced with flimsy plastic? With no lintel added?

Morning all, thanks for the replies. OK here's the nice bright shiny pics.. Hey nose all I think you have missed your true vocation in life try retraining you will make a lovely patronising nursery school teacher.
The window hasn't been replaced so still a wooden sash.
Thanks in advance15900457859731944150854.jpg 1590045954933-1711321101.jpg

Can't see what you're worried about- pointing maybe needs doing on 1 brick but no sign of the thing descending rapidly to ground level. Pic from the window to the left of it would probably give more detail (and if the bottom sashes open a couple of planks wouldn't be an unknown working platform)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back