Dry verge mortar mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm what ratio i should use for re-pointing the dry verge please ?

There are a good few chunks of the original that are missing so am planning to knock it all out and re-point the lot

I've seen 4:1 and 3:1 mentioned so wondered what peoples thoughts were here

Also, should i primer it on the underside tile edge and roof board with either neat or diluted PVA to help adhesion ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can’t re-point a dry verge, they are plastic.

3 building 1 sharp 1 cement was the last one I did, I did a scratch coat first shoved in then gave it a key, then top coated it next day, making sure I compacted/tooled it well when it dried a bit.
I’ve also used just plastering sand and cement and it was solid as a rock and still is.
The real proper way is to take the tiles off and bed them down into the wet mix tho.

Sponsored Links
Fit dry verge, it’s maintenance free lol. Amazed at how properties have upvc doors windows fascia and soffit yet wet verge and ridge

Fit dry verge, it’s maintenance free lol. Amazed at how properties have upvc doors windows fascia and soffit yet wet verge and ridge

...but my pointing is falling out and obviously near end of its life so what I would be securing the plastics caps to ?
The instructions I have seen is to simply use mortar screws
Personally the dry verge stuff looks ugly but we will live with it if we have to but as I say, if the mortar is falling out in some places now the whole run will at some stage

23vc actually suggested a 3:1:1 mix which is 4 parts sand so would be weaker than 3:1 surely

You fix the dry verge to the batten ends which are behind the existing mortar, using metal clips. Google installation instructions for klober dry verge
Yes the ratio I suggested is 4:1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back