Dry Verge Repair Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Part of the dry verge blown off by the high winds.
Around 6 dry verge units blown off by the wind and have a broken tile that I previously used flashband three years ago..

They dry verge plastics are all intact so we can put them back.

May I ask what kind of repair cost am i looking for.
I have three of these properties and all of them had the dry verge wrongly installed by screwing them onto the mortar.
I ended up doing two re-roofs but now a bit stingy paying £4500.

I was quoted £900 for the repair but isn't it a bit too much?
The roofer said he will only fix the broken side and he doesn't do patching up so he will have to remove two courses of tiles, and add underlay??.
He will then attach the dry verge to the rafters?
I'm confused.

Check a trade says this:
To install a dry verge system on a standard detached house, you’ll normally need to budget between £600 and £1,000

What do you think?

Attachments

• 36549938_e45679f71e.jpeg
    36549938_e45679f71e.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
Have you considered an insurance claim?

You might be able to get access from the flat roof, which would save on scaffolding if that's the only side of the gable end affected. You could consider doing it yourself. £900 doesn't seem unreasonable for a good job.

Sponsored Links
he doesn't do patching up so he will have to remove two courses of tiles, and add underlay??.
He will then attach the dry verge to the rafters?
I'm confused.
Dry verge units are fixed into the ends of the tile batten with stainless steel screws. Trying to blind retro-fit verge units into a mortared verge is pointless. Usually the batten ends are shot, or too short and not visisble. Therefore in order to retro-fit successfully, one needs to remove a few tiles and mortar bedding and remove enough existing batten so that you can fix a new piece to more than one rafter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back