Dry verge repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if someone could help me with a repair that we need doing on the dry verge of our gable end.
We have a couple of holes under the end caps that probably birds have pecked away along with a few loose dry verge caps. Just wondering if this would be an easy fix and a rough price for repair. Also if this would be an easy fix to do myself.

Couple of pics

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The holes are the smashed undercloak that they probably did when they fitted the dry verge. You've noticed it now they've come loose. Did they do it off a scaffold removing tiles and extending laths or was it paddy and Murphy drill and wall plugging it off ladders?

If it was the latter I'd sway back to a traditional wet verge with new undercloak.

I personally hate dry verge and will only fit it if the customers throw money at us and beg us to do it.

Tha
The holes are the smashed undercloak that they probably did when they fitted the dry verge. You've noticed it now they've come loose. Did they do it off a scaffold removing tiles and extending laths or was it paddy and Murphy drill and wall plugging it off ladders?

If it was the latter I'd sway back to a traditional wet verge with new undercloak.

I personally hate dry verge and will only fit it if the customers throw money at us and beg us to do it.

Cheers for the reply. To be honest we are not sure what they did as we have only recently moved in. What would you advise being the best course of action. Would you just fix the verges back on and maybe full the holes with something?

Sponsored Links
You'll have to ask a local roofer to see what he thinks mate. Hard to tell.

Ok will do. Any idea of a rough cost for removing the dry verge and going back to mortar for a typical 3 bed house would be?

Was wondering if anyone thought this was the going rate for the following work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back