Dual mains feed into the house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My question is - is it worth it???

I have just converted 2 flats into a single house and have 2 stop cocks in the street right next to each other. The path is currently up so i can replace the lead pipes.

I have just replaced one lead pipe with a 25mm MDPE. This is connected to the 20mm MDPE riser in the street. The 25mm then goes to the internal stop where it goes to 22mm.

I have an opportunity to run a second 25mm MDPE from the second stop cock in the street and T it into the current 25mm just before the internal stop cock.

I know this wont give me any extra pressure, but would it help maintain the flow when multiple taps are turned on?

Thanks for your comments.
Cheers
Huw

Sponsored Links
would it help maintain the flow when multiple taps are turned on?
Cold tap, or hot?

If hot, through what appliance?

If cold, do you have any electric showers?

What's the incoming flow rate at the moment?

short answer is yes had the same prob with a flat above a resraunt

the board put another feed in and i split the supply

everybody happy

and i got fed free for a month ;)

The other short answer is "no".

The real answer is "it depends". :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A stopcock is a significant restriction.

If you want two pipes then fit two stopcocks and parallel them afterwards.

Depending on the load its unlikelty to have that much effect but the cost is minimal.

Make sure the Water Co only make one charge though!

Tony

Thanks guys.
Looks like the trench will need to remain open, so i have some more time to consider my options.
Thanks
Huw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back