Dummy dimmer switch module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if these are available with rotary on/off as opposed to push on/off?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
DS, it is of no help just saying try here, try there. Anybody could do that...

If you KNOW of a rotary switch only module, then provide a LINK.

DS, it is of no help just saying try here, try there. Anybody could do that... If you KNOW of a rotary switch only module, then provide a LINK.
Indeed, but in this case, it seems that DS has either recalled or guessed correctly, since here is a link for you (and the OP) to click on (which I think is probably rotary - if not this one certainly is). FWIW, I had never previously seen a rotary one, either!

Kind Regards, John

Aside -

Whilst a rotary (rotary mod ???) intermediate will do for the OP's need, I would think as a proper intermediate switch it would be a bit of a pain, wouldn't it?

Thanks John, I had also previously found the Intermediate one, but was hoping that DS might have made the effort….

Note to Canduit
If you go for the intermediate module, this can also be used in one and two-way applications.
See the WIKI on Intermediate switching for details on how to wire it up!.

DS, it is of no help just saying try here, try there. Anybody could do that...

If you KNOW of a rotary switch only module, then provide a LINK.

Take a FF,AH (do you require a link to that …..)

Kindest regards

DS

Aside - Whilst a rotary (rotary mod ???) intermediate will do for the OP's need, I would think as a proper intermediate switch it would be a bit of a pain, wouldn't it?
Because one has to rotate it, you mean? If so, I guess that's a matter of personal taste, and the OP seems to favour rotary - I imagine so that it's the same sort of 'motion' as for adjacent or nearby dimmers. Electrically, an intermediate switch can obviously be used 'as anything', but I'm sure you know that.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks John, I had also previously found the Intermediate one, but was hoping that DS might have made the effort….
Indeed, but since he said 'try', one assumes that he wasn't actually certain that there was anything useful to find (as we know, his first 'try' {TLC} yielded nothing of any interest), so maybe couldn't be bothered to look himself.

Kind Regards, John

No, not criticizing the OP's request, but if you were using it as an intermediate you wouldn't know which way it needed to be turned every time you went to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back