Dummy dimmer switch module

No, not criticizing the OP's request, but if you were using it as an intermediate you wouldn't know which way it needed to be turned every time you went to it.
True - but the same would also be true if it were a 2-way switch (or an intermediate being used as a 2-way switch).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
No, not criticizing the OP's request, but if you were using it as an intermediate you wouldn't know which way it needed to be turned every time you went to it.
As long as you aren't ham-fisted you won't break it if you try the wrong way, nor will you lose any discernible amount of time.

Could always use a knob with a dot or a line on it.

Sponsored Links
Just so you know why Im looking for this, its because there is an existing 4 gang dimmer, 1 of which controls an external lantern. I wish to remove lantern and replace with LED PIR security light. Evidently these can be over-ridden by switching off then on again within 1 second, to give continuous lighting. I thought with a rotary there would be less chance of accidentally switching it on. Yes, intermediate seems to be the way to go.

Perhaps what i should have said is John W2's second link (http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/item.aspx?i=6271) will do what's required and save me faffing around looking for something else!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back