Dusk to Dawn lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two outside lights controlled by dusk to dawn photocell unit This all worked fine until two days ago the lights didn't go on until midnight,well after dusk.They now do this every day .
Nothing new -- no additional outside lighting to affect things.
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Myles

Sponsored Links
The photocell unit - is there a brand on it? Can you take a photo of it? They vary widely in shape, design etc.

Thanks for prompt reply.
Unfortunately I have no details to hand . I think it was bought in HomeBase or B&Q and as far as I can see looks pretty anonymous .

I need to get a long ladder to take picture and look for details . I'll get back to you in a couple of days.

Meanwhile my thanks again.

Sponsored Links
The time the lights went on SUDDENLY differed by about 3hours. No question it IS dark.

temperature can affect the operation of these thing.. is it noticably warmer ( weather wise ) recently, or has next door had a new boiler with the flu pointed near it?

Crafty said:
The photocell unit - is there a brand on it? Can you take a photo of it? They vary widely in shape, design etc.

Crafty:
Have found some info.Photo Electric Control Kit ,Newlec and I think it is model NL5601. I also think that it is factory calibrated and has no settings.

Does this help you to identify the Problem ?

Thanks

For the price of a new one I wouldnt have thought it worthwhile soddin about with the old one - just get a new one and be done with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back