dvd rrw problems anyone help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a dell computer and recently fitted a liteon dvd rrw. I fitted it as the instructions but when i play a dvd with it for some reason there is a constant blipping noise and bit of juttering and i have not a clue what it could be anyone help me please?!!!

Sponsored Links
You'll need to tell us more about your machine spec., how you cabled the drive and what other software you have running. The more detail, the better.

my computer is a dell dimension 3000, intel pentium 4, 2.80 GHz 2.79GHz, 256 ram. I have a cd wr wired up on the master setting and my dvd rw coming of it on the slave setting. I installed power dvd wich was the software that came with it. I have divx dvd player and vlc player installed to but watching a dvd with them the problem gets worse even playing it in windows media player. The power dvd player seems to be the best to play a dvd on but still the problem is there. This is the second dvd rw i have put in now as with the first one i installed i had the same problem but thinking it was a fault with the actual player and the same has happend with my replacement one. Little bit frustrating.
cheers!

mrcantdoit said:
my computer is a dell dimension 3000, intel pentium 4, 2.80 GHz 2.79GHz, 256 ram. I have a cd wr wired up on the master setting and my dvd rw coming of it on the slave setting. I installed power dvd wich was the software that came with it. I have divx dvd player and vlc player installed to but watching a dvd with them the problem gets worse even playing it in windows media player. The power dvd player seems to be the best to play a dvd on but still the problem is there. This is the second dvd rw i have put in now as with the first one i installed i had the same problem but thinking it was a fault with the actual player and the same has happend with my replacement one. Little bit frustrating.
cheers!

Dedicated or Integrated graphics adaptor?

Sponsored Links
i got a intel(r) 82865g graphics controller. Hope thats what your on about as im not that much of a whizz kid on computers

It sounds like it is integrated.

The most likely reason for your problem is lack of memory. Your system only has 256MB, which is already considered less than minimal for running XP, let alone any graphic intensive application. Your integrated graphic adaptor is sharing some of that RAM and could be using as much as half of it, although I suspect 32-64MB. By the time you load XP, there won't be much left for anything else.

I would strongly recommend upgrading to 1GB of RAM. You will find the machine will be much snappier. I would also recommend a dedicated graphics adaptor with at least 256MB of DDR or DDR2.

Also, having a DVD and a CDW on the same channel is not recommended, although this is unlikely to be the cause of your playback problems.

mr cant do it can do it took my cd wr out now it works perfect.
cheers

Dont suppose this will help, but I dont buy the not enough ram theory, I've seen dvd's played on much lower spec pc's
Have you tried the new drive on its own? Does it detect properly in bios first off?

also when buying and installing any new dvdrw drive update the firmware which u can get from liteon site

a pc with 256mb of ram and onboard gfx Will play dvds fine

if you have 2 optical drives on one cable check jumper settings

Yes Mr cant do it.

Removing the cd r would have been my first suggestion as it will probably be an older drive which will set the UDMA value of the channel to a lower setting, possibly even PIO only.
That would mean the new drive wasn't working at its fastest speed.

Well done that man. B-)

Sponsored Links
Back