e-hopeless

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Maybe that handyman bloke who had the videos on youtube (which have since been removed) has got a new job? :LOL:

Anyone bothered to inform them of this?

I have. Jeeze, thats worse than some of the posts in general on here :D

Just think, all the times over the years I've wanted to get AC from a DC source, and all I needed to have done was buy a cheap 30A "jump" box......

Just think, all the times over the years I've wanted to get AC from a DC source, and all I needed to have done was buy a cheap 30A "jump" box......

Wonder if you can start a car with a jump box? :mrgreen:

I don't think it really helps to make the 'instructions' any less incomprehesible, but no-one seems to have observed that this abomination is presumably directed at US readers - so maybe AC/DC converting jump boxes haven't yet got across the Atlantic :)

Kind Regards, John.

Joe McIndoe

Joe McIndoe started writing professionally in 2006 and has been published in several newspapers. He has worked in a variety of fields including education and law. He strives to one day be an authority on all subjects, great and small. McIndoe has a Bachelor of Arts in political science.

Read more: How to Spur a Double Socket | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8720662_spur-double-socket.html#ixzz1TQxXp8QG

I don't think it really helps to make the 'instructions' any less incomprehesible, but no-one seems to have observed that this abomination is presumably directed at US readers - so maybe AC/DC converting jump boxes haven't yet got across the Atlantic :)

I suspect they haven't even left the factory yet :LOL:

no-one seems to have observed that this abomination is presumably directed at US readers

I don't think so. The mention of the maximum number of spurs being one per socket (presumably with reference to the number of sockets on a ring) would not make sense in North America. And the cable sizes given are metric, even though you might be searching for 2 sq. mm. T&E for a while!

I think he's British and aiming it at British readers, although admittedly it's such a mess it's hard to be sure! It does emphasize the problem with some of these sites though, where articles (even well-written ones) for one part of the world are mixed in with articles aimed at another part of the world without there being anything to explain to worldwide readers which is which.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back