Ear Today

Sponsored Links
Will it be sore afterwards?
Had the other ear done when I was 17 (31 years ago) - not sore but was very dizzy whenever I moved for a couple of days.

You've got tinnitus, like me, so you know what it's like. If the op is at all successful then being able to hear anything in this ear will help mask the whistling at the very least. :)

Sponsored Links
Did they have that technology all that time ago?

I've got tinnitus in the middle of my head so it's not so bad - always whistling though - I just don't listen to it.

Did they have that technology all that time ago?
Yep, although not sure if they had the laser stuff back then. At the time it was a fairly new op, and it changed my life completely

I've got tinnitus in the middle of my head so it's not so bad - always whistling though - I just don't listen to it.
Nor me, most of the time. But it's become progressively louder over the last couple of years and sometimes "drowns out" the hearing I have in the one ear I can hear from (bit like having an earpiece in one ear). I've got nothing to lose by trying this, and the op has a 92+% success rate. Takes about an hour, but have to stay in overnight.

So, I'll let you know how it went in a couple of days (i.e. bore your pants off even more :LOL: )

Any excuse will do to get my pants off these days. :cry:

I remember you saying about this before.
Didn't you have a row with the doctor about the second op ????
Yep - I think at the time I had some hearing in the ear which could be boosted be a hearing aid. Since then it's degraded to nigh on total deafness. Any hearing aid set to the necessary degree of loudness hurts quite badly - we tried it last year and I gave up after a couple of days.

Wish you all the best anyway.

good luck Sub....

Although it looks like one of those machine gun the star out games at a fun fair to me !!!

Any excuse will do to get my pants off these days. :cry:
:LOL: :LOL:

Apart from the whistling, is your hearing OK?

It's OK, not complaining. Struggle to hear amongst crowds now and feel a right prat saying 'sorry?' Lost some top frequency stuff too.

Have you trouble sleeping with it?

There are now some apps that aim to balance out the sound, and for some tuning a radio to white noise helps. but you probably have tried this?

Sponsored Links
Back