Ear Today

Sponsored Links
Good luck with that masona. And thanks everyone else for all the kind wishes!

My consultant said it went well. Have to keep the ear pack in for a couple of weeks so I won't really get to know the true extent of hearing improvement until then, and he reckoned that the tinnitus will probably begin to improve as my hearing recovers.

First couple of hours after the op were a bit painful, until the codeine kicked in. Mild discomfort now which I'll take a couple of paracetamol for before taking codeine to get me through the night - hopefully i'll be able to avoid having to rely on this much of after tomorrow. :)

Did you know that despite being used since the 1870s - no-one has a clue how paracetamol works or which system it affects.

Did you know that despite being used since the 1870s - no-one has a clue how paracetamol works or which system it affects.
Wasn't aware of that. Does anyone know what "pain" really is?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I missed this sub, no internet for the past couple of days but alright now.
Glad to see you back on here so soon. Hope the end result is what you expected, or even better. ;)

Since the incarnation of DIYnot, Joe-90 still hasn't a clue how plumbing works. ;)

I know physics - that's enough eh?

I know how gas fitters work - bunch of crooks the lot of them.

[]Wasn't aware of that. Does anyone know what "pain" really is?
I got a pretty good idea - with my piles :oops: Seriously , hope it goes well for you with your ear - maybe the tinnitus will change - I`ve had it lifelong , but it`s more like the noise of machinery than whistling - I would find that disturbing . When I was a kid I used to think it was the noise your brain made when you were thinking :LOL:

I asked about "pain" in response to "paracetamol". If one hits a finger with a hammer, for example, how does the brain get the message that this hurts? I'm sort of guessing that it's an initial change in localised chemicals that create an electrical impulse that is sent to the brain - akin to compressing a quartz crystal generates an elec charge?

So if one is in pain anywhere, does one need to suppress the chemical reactions around the area affected (local anaesthetic) or find a way of changing the electrical impulse in order that it is either interpreted differently by the brain (maybe that's what generic painkillers do??) or doesn't even get there (I'm thinking of "Tens" machines used on backs and/or during childbirth, or signal "maskers" such as those claimed to be of some benefit for tinnitus sufferers which presumable work along the line of creating antinodal harmonies to the existing perceived frequencies).

Needless to say, the pain relief is wearing off now and I'm talking gibberish :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back