Ear Today

They put a new skin graft over the ear drum and behind the hammer it's temporary packed with dissolvable sponge to stop the hammer hitting the new drum, I've told them I already got painkillers at home, it's cheaper ;)
How's it going masona? Hope it's not too painful. Not sure why you turned down their painkillers (unless you've gone private, mine was NHS so it was given to me gratis).

Sponsored Links
They put a new skin graft over the ear drum and behind the hammer it's temporary packed with dissolvable sponge to stop the hammer hitting the new drum, I've told them I already got painkillers at home, it's cheaper ;)
How's it going masona? Hope it's not too painful. Not sure why you turned down their painkillers (unless you've gone private, mine was NHS so it was given to me gratis).
Not too bad thanks, mine was done at the NHS, not really painful enough for any painkillers, the consultant explained they didn't cut any muscle therefore you would only get very slight pain :confused: plus they glued the skin tissues back together instead of stitches may have helped

Hope your pain is easing off!

Hope your pain is easing off!
Quite good now - occasional twinge. Gently rubbing the cotton wool ball that I put inside the outer ear (if you catch my meaning) has suddenly started to become quite loud. This is, I feel, one heck of a good sign especially if one likes listening to cotton wool :LOL: :LOL:

Things may be starting to loosen up internally. Hoorah :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks masona. Going to take great care of this.

Even the tinnitus has become much much quieter already. Once the packing has come out I suspect it'll fade even more.

How long before the graft is "safe" and those soluble spacers dissolve, masona?

Even the tinnitus has become much much quieter already. Once the packing has come out I suspect it'll fade even more.
I used to get it really bad for approximately 3yrs but not any more, my gut feeling is most of the tinnitus problems could be stress related(?)

How long before the graft is "safe" and those soluble spacers dissolve, masona?
2-3 weeks I think, however for some unknown reason I have lost all my hearing in my left ear since last October and have been told last year it's now not curable and apparently it's just bad luck. Only have little hearing in my right ear now, I was born with a deafness so I'm used to it now!

Providing you're alright about it and it's not making you feel ill, that's the main thing.

I wanted to say "sorry to hear that", but it seemed wrong on several different levels :confused:

Providing you're alright about it and it's not making you feel ill, that's the main thing.
Can be frustrating time to time, it's no difference to any disability but haven't stopped me doing anything so far.
I wanted to say "sorry to hear that", but it seemed wrong on several different levels :confused:
Don't worry, that's normal! There's 2 sides of the coin, either get on with it and live life to the full or be miserable, everyday is a blessing and life's too short to worry. ;)

Can I say Thank you to you two guys?
I've always taken my hearing for granted, (probably like most of us do), but reading your posts has made me realise just what I would miss if I lost it.
No more music, sub-titles on the TV constantly, (and not all programmes have them!), the natural sounds of nature such as birds singing, water flowing down a stream etc. The sound of a beautiful woman sitting and talking with me.
But most of all, the sound of my grand children laughing as they play and then on the spur of the moment sitting on your knee and saying those magic words;
"I Love You Grandad."
Thanks to you guys I will be taking more care of how loud I listen to things.

Can I say Thank you to you two guys?
I've always taken my hearing for granted, (probably like most of us do), but reading your posts has made me realise just what I would miss if I lost it.
No more music, sub-titles on the TV constantly, (and not all programmes have them!), the natural sounds of nature such as birds singing, water flowing down a stream etc. The sound of a beautiful woman sitting and talking with me.
But most of all, the sound of my grand children laughing as they play and then on the spur of the moment sitting on your knee and saying those magic words;
"I Love You Grandad."
Thanks to you guys I will be taking more care of how loud I listen to things.
Eh? pardon? SPEAK LOUDER :LOL: :LOL:

The sound of a beautiful woman talking with me.
Almost missed this little insert Conny. We've told you before about those premium rate phone numbers - they may sound all young and sexy, but they're really fat old acne and disease ridden ladyboys with damaged larynx :LOL: :LOL:

The sound of a beautiful woman talking with me.
Almost missed this little insert Conny. We've told you before about those premium rate phone numbers - they may sound all young and sexy, but they're really fat old acne and disease ridden ladyboys with damaged larynx :LOL: :LOL:
You must be ringing the wrong numbers mate! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back