Earth connector alternative required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice on how to best overcome an earthing issue I have with a light fitting.

I've broken the earth connector which was part of the light fitting as supplied.

What can I use as an alternative for this and what parts would be required?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20201209_111031.jpg
    IMG_20201209_111031.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20201209_111127.jpg
    IMG_20201209_111127.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20201209_111237.jpg
    IMG_20201209_111237.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You could get a short length of wire and put a ring crimp on it and use a small nut and bolt to fix it in place then terminate the other end into the Choc block.

Cut off one connector and strip off the insulation, discard one screw and drill through the screw hole and through back of connector, then use nut and bolt to fix to metal plate. Earth cable goes in other end.

Sponsored Links
Yet it is easy and achieves the desired result.

One might even say it is better than the bent metal tag.

You could get a short length of wire and put a ring crimp on it and use a small nut and bolt to fix it in place then terminate the other end into the Choc block.

Thanks for the replies.

Something like this?

I take it as long as the earth is connected to connector and fixed to the light fitting metal plate it should be fine?

Light.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Something like this?

I take it as long as the earth is connected to connector and fixed to the light fitting metal plate it should be fine?

View attachment 214150

You don’t actually need the connector for the earth if you don’t want. Just attach the circuit earth wire directly to the fitting with a ring crimp and screw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back