earthing nuts !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 9719
had about 30 armoured ends to make off recently on a garden lighting job, was well happy when i found these handy bits of kitt, EARTHING NUTS. They replace the original locking rings you get with gland packs and you dont have to mess about with the earthing tags (lining them up, drilling the hole, bolting them together ,etc etc) saved me a hell of a lot of time. each side of the nut has a threaded hole and you get grub screws to hold the nut in place after you tighten it, and normal screws to link your earth wire through giving good continuity on the armouring. only trouble is there £1.50 EACH ..(OUCH) but mnaged to write em into cost of job :D (SEE PICTURE ABOVE) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET EM CHEAPER ?????

thanks jester.....[/img]

Sponsored Links
are they internally threaded? the ones I saw in the mag looked like they were smooth inside, which made me doubt you'd get a decent seal outdoors ..

I believe that they are called pirahna nuts or something?

Bas has a peace in the "STICKY" about them.
They are standard 20, 25 and 32mm threads

Sponsored Links
is there a TLC in leeds

Nah, although to be fair, we've only had electric up here for about 2 years

are they internally threaded? the ones I saw in the mag looked like they were smooth inside, which made me doubt you'd get a decent seal outdoors ..

I believe that they are called pirahna nuts or something?

The ones I've seen were threaded internally

yes there internally threaded.even got litle teeth on the bottom side to grip the box when tightened. just cant find em cheaper :confused: tlc ? we only got a few decent ones up here CEF etc etc

it's the ones on the TLC website I'm on about.. if you look at the pictures there, they have no thread inside them...

that'll be because it's the TLC picture of them..

the little one is threaded ( assuming it's the 20mm one and the rest are the big daddies.. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back