1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Easiest self install DIY wired / wireless alarm

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by Simplez, 5 Sep 2020.

1. Simplez

Simplez

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My renovation costs have gone quite a bit over - and to save some money I am thinking of going for a self install wired or wireless alarm.

I have looked and it seems that wired alarms are more reliable but how easy are they to program / set up.

I have seen some kits by Texecom Veritas range and was wondering whether they could be DIY install or is it better to go with a full wireless alarm kit?

2. Handymanjo

Handymanjo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wired alarm as first choice.
    Texecom Veritas is basic simple control panel and easy to program.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Simplez

Simplez

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can you add a gsm phone dialler as I won't be having a fixed line installed.

5. RobTi

RobTi

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    seen Ajax systems getting a good right up on another forum, you just scan the QR code from each device into your phone and your set up, i dont know if any good as im still asking questions myself
    https://www.ajaxwirelessalarms.co.uk/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ajax system isn't being supported by many in the trade, so you may find when you run into problems there is no one to help even if you paid them.

Haven't and wont install one currently just because I made an enquiry and took them over 6 months to get back to me, with a less than satisfactory response.

Now there is a fair bit of talk about these systems but best advice is to find someone that has had one for over 12 months and what if any issues they have had.

It be interesting know how anyone has got on with these that isn't biased.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local