Easiest self install DIY wired / wireless alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My renovation costs have gone quite a bit over - and to save some money I am thinking of going for a self install wired or wireless alarm.

I have looked and it seems that wired alarms are more reliable but how easy are they to program / set up.

I have seen some kits by Texecom Veritas range and was wondering whether they could be DIY install or is it better to go with a full wireless alarm kit?

Sponsored Links
Wired alarm as first choice.
Texecom Veritas is basic simple control panel and easy to program.

Sponsored Links
Ajax system isn't being supported by many in the trade, so you may find when you run into problems there is no one to help even if you paid them.

Haven't and wont install one currently just because I made an enquiry and took them over 6 months to get back to me, with a less than satisfactory response.

Now there is a fair bit of talk about these systems but best advice is to find someone that has had one for over 12 months and what if any issues they have had.

It be interesting know how anyone has got on with these that isn't biased.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back