Easter

S

Soggy_weetabix

Excuse my ignorance, and I wish to understand...

But we celebrate Christs birth on the same day every year. Why does Easter dates vary? What day did Christ die on?

Dave

Sponsored Links
It was decided way back in time what date Easter would be.To determine what date Easter sunday is it is the first sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.This year the equinox was thurs day 20 march the first full moon was friday so the first sunday after these events are today.How they came up with this who knows?

Excuse my ignorance, and I wish to understand...

But we celebrate Christs birth on the same day every year. Why does Easter dates vary? What day did Christ die on?

Dave

My wife says that it's because it's a removable feast, and something to do with the equinox.
When I asked if the patron saint was St Pickford, she went off at a tangent.

Apparently the son of a mythical being (which I guess makes him mythical also) defied all know natural laws, escaped form his tomb ('eastenders' take note) and rose from the dead on the first sunday after a full moon on or after march 21st...

Which begs the question... if said mythical being is omnipotent, why the f*ck can't he just tell us the real date?

Sponsored Links
Friend of mine was getting a bit of trouble from her son and his school results where terrible so she thiought she would try a catholic school for him.
Well 3 months later his behavior had improved ten fold and he was getting straight A`s.
When she asked him why . He replied when i walked through the doors and seen they had nailed that guy up i knew they didn`t fek about. :LOL:

Friend of mine was getting a bit of trouble from her son and his school results where terrible so she thiought she would try a catholic school for him.
Well 3 months later his behavior had improved ten fold and he was getting straight A`s.
When she asked him why . He replied when i walked through the doors and seen they had nailed that guy up i knew they didn`t fek about. :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

Back