What do customers expect on Easter Sunday???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So its Easter Sunday, one of the only days of the year when all the shops are shut. Doing some bits and pieces at home and the phone in the office rings at 09.45 am. Ok fair enough i thought, im not answering it (i normally never do on a sunday) the answer phone cuts in, runs halfwy through the message and they ring off. I did a 1471 and its a mobile so i know its not a call centre trying to flog me something.

My point is what do people expect on easter sunday? Fair enough leave a message by all means, but hanging up makes me think they expect to speak to someone there and then. If i was an electrician or a plumber i could perhaps understand it if there was an emergency, but i dont really get emergencies in my line of work! I know its a peril of being self employed but it really does make me wonder what people have in their heads!

Rant over, dont you love the great british public!

Sponsored Links
I'm at work :cry: its one of my busiest days, people on their bank holiday won't places to visit.

Sadly everyday is the same now expect for Christmas day!

In my childhood days a bank holiday was time off for nearly everyone.

I'm working Easter Monday, can't do anything about it, money made up for it though ;)

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Sadly everyday is the same now expect for Christmas day!

In my childhood days a bank holiday was time off for nearly everyone.

I'm working Easter Monday, can't do anything about it, money made up for it though ;)
when I worked for someone else it was time and a half on saturdays double time on sundays and treble time on bank holidays :LOL: bet its not like that anymore.??

Richardp said:
when I worked for someone else it was time and a half on saturdays double time on sundays and treble time on bank holidays :LOL: bet its not like that anymore.??
No, I just get my normal pocket money for today :confused:

Richardp said:
I'm lucky, it's still treble time + time off in lieu on all bank holiday :eek: :D

It's to stop anyone going sick.

masona said:
Richardp said:
I'm lucky, it's still treble time + time off in lieu on all bank holiday :eek: :D

It's to stop anyone going sick.

wouldnt do markie much good then :LOL: :LOL:

i use to work for the cops .....u worked ur shift ...be it BH, cristmas day, earlies, lates or nights......great (not)

not so bad when ur young...now have a family (3 of them under 6)so....>

i now plumb for my self...harder work, can be a headache, but dont work nights and can have normal holidays !

Sponsored Links
Back