ECIR on a garage..........

Sponsored Links
OOI, do any of them have the right wire in them?

Those metal strips look like the ones inside wiper blades.

Sponsored Links
The 'fuses' were from a 4way 3ph board all connected to 2.5mm saw cables supplying motorised car lift/jacks and a compressor. I have now treated them to some BS88 fuses!

I hope you treat the owner to some electrical theory as a Christmas promotion !!! :D

Regards,

DS

I bet they had a fit when they got the bill for the fuses!
Those holders aren't made for fuse wire at all btw, just bs88 fuse links, possibly TIA by the looks of it - difficult to judge the physical size from the pics.

It does say BS88 5 Watts have you ever got a 5 Watt fuse link? I have never bothered to read before I would guess heat output from link is 5 Watts.

To be fair in a car the correct fuse link can be a lead link but in the main the old glass fuse has been replaced with blade fuses which I first found with USA cars in 1980.

It would seem the glass and porcelain fuses could be replaced using bullets which it seems are freely available in USA and give an audible warning when they blow. Hence USA moved to blade fuses.

I would generally recommend a DB change in the summary of the report in these situations, making the point that an MCB based unit is not open to abuse in such a way and prevents mechanics from burning down the building by removing the over-current protection.

OP, who is the EICR for... the owner who changed the fuses, or for a landlord company?

And u show us a circuit breaker from Rs for what reason?
I'd never seen them before.

Eric's often mentioned something he has which uses blade fuses, thought he might be interested, so I searched, and this was the most recent post of his.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back