Tumble Dryer Pins getting red hot

Joined
10 Aug 2010
Messages
526
Reaction score
5
Location
Leicester
Country
United Kingdom
Hi in our garage we've 2 double sockets i think the previous owner has added the socket on the right.

We've noticed when taking the tumble dryer plug out of the socket on the right the pins are red hot!!! which has us worried.

If we put the tumble dryer in the socket on the left its fine.

I've taken the cover off and checked the fuse but cant find anything wrong any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20200229-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200229-WA0000.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_20200229_131021.jpg
    IMG_20200229_131021.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG-20200229-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200229-WA0002.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG-20200229-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200229-WA0004.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 435
Sponsored Links
Loose connection/faulty socket? Is that what’s known as a spur off of a spur?
 
Either the terminals were not tight enough or a poor quality socket. Put it back & ensure the screws are tight & if it happens again then buy a better quality socket.
 
Sponsored Links
Either the terminals were not tight enough or a poor quality socket. Put it back & ensure the screws are tight & if it happens again then buy a better quality socket.
Screws were all tight
 
Weak tension in the "fingers" of the faulty socket outlet - which appears to be a different brand/type/model to the socket outlet which is working satisfactorily.
Replace the faulty dual socket outlet with a better brand/type/model (?)

While the pins may have become "hot", I strongly doubt that they became "red hot" because the plastic insulation on the wires which connected to the terminals concerned seems to be unaffected.
 
Weak tension in the "fingers" of the faulty socket outlet - which appears to be a different brand/type/model to the socket outlet which is working satisfactorily.
Replace the faulty dual socket outlet with a better brand/type/model (?)

While the pins may have become "hot", I strongly doubt that they became "red hot" because the plastic insulation on the wires which connected to the terminals concerned seems to be unaffected.
They were red hot to touch
 
My comment was because "red hot" seemed to be somewhat more than a bit of hyperbole.
If they were "red hot" they would have been glowing (incandescent) and touching them would have given you a painful burn.
 

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Sponsored Links
Back
Top