Economy 7 Immersion heater stopped working.

... forgot to say... the boost is the separate heating element at the top of the tank. That is on a separate switch and is working OK.

Interesting... perhaps I could rewire the power that goes to the boost element (that's known to be working) and wire it to the economy 7 (it will reach) and if it fails to heat then the the problem is with the economy 7 thermostat or element!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
thats thats the same idea as what i said.
then i remembered you had a boost so as you say just change them over
to test it.

Fed the immersion with a separate power lead as suggested and that proved that the heating element was working OK. My brother-in-law tested the link with his volt meter and found that the white wire (the one upper left on the photo) while looking OK had sheared from the connector. The cover to the unit is a very tight fir and I must have caught the wire when I replaced it. Anyway.. b-in-law attached and soldered a 'spade' to the wire and made a proper contact. Hot water last night on economy 7 - woo-hoo.

Thanks for the advice Karl. Much appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back