Edited

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily - I mistakingly fitted an Aqualisa the worng way round (dyslexia kicks in every so often). It worked for three months before the tenant noticed. It even recalibrated several times.

Then i noticed the mistake - doh!

Lesson learnt - never rush a job.

You're going to whip it off the check the filter, so try it tother way round when you put it back. You'll only loose a few minutes.

Sponsored Links
Two spanners - equal and oppsoite force.

Turn your mains stop cock off and that should be sufficient.

Turn on shower, then bath taps.

Water should drain from shower pipes.

Undo the nuts in this picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/AliasOmega/Boiler/DSC00011.jpg

Then remove shower - watch you don't drop it!!!!

Be sure you have only disturbed the nuts/joints you intend to.

As a job this is pretty easy so don't panic. Just remember you can't plug your laptop into the shower to check things ;) :rolleyes: [/img]

It looks a cheap and nasty shower to me (terrible installation as well) and does appear to be fitted upside down - that may be due to the hot and cold feeds from the bath pipework not having been crossed over.

You may find the problem is due to the wax capsule inside the shower. I have found the capsules can drift out of "calibration" and even though you can sometimes adjust the setting behind the temp control knob (to get back a reasonable temperature setting) the adjustment is no longer linear. It could also be scaled up so the capsule is unable to motor the valve correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back