eicr form

I was thinking the same thing.
But I believe that the mix and match is a fairly recent interpertation of the regs.
Whereas the use of a key or tool to access live parts is covered by 3 regulations

Sponsored Links
thankyou for the informative and interesting link. i for one will ensure, from now on that spareways in consumer units, within reach of children will be populated by either din rail mounted blanks or a spare mcb. I don't mind changing my ways, as it were. Elecsa have never pulled me up on this in 10 years

I've never considered that the snap in blanks are normally removable without a tool - though I guess that probably depends on the individual design.

But if some are as easy to remove as some suggest, then surely the answer is to take it up with <who ?> because they are unsuitable for general use ?

Sponsored Links
When I came across this I thought Bollx how many sites will I have to go back to.

But let the past be the past and be better in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back