Elderly mum with new bloke???

Sponsored Links
She got all her teeth?

If not

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gummy..........................

Sponsored Links
Perhaps what you might want to do is raise this with your mum. Explain your worries to her.
At the worst , she'll tell you it's none of your business. At best she may listen to what you say.
For what it's worth, when I got together with my partner, her children thought I was trying to take the place of their late father. I explained to them that far from taking his place, I was their mum's companion. (they hadn't been much company for her since her husband died)
They accept me now (not as a replacement father, but as their mum's partner) ;) ;)

It would be handy to get to know her.
I could take her to bq and get OAP discount on a wednesday. ;)

Well my wife isnt a goat either and I never insult her by calling our children "kids".

Get the drift?

I would't be bothered, been through it before when I was 19 mum found a new bloke after my dad (thankfully) finally left(wife beating ****), she was only 43. The new bloke turned out to be an arse too, got her to raise his young family, pay off his debts, and he still cheated on her. Then he got cancer and died in '99, karma really. He died a very bitter and angry man, and with hindsight being ten years younger than mum I think he thought he'd ultimately inherit her house etc and divert the lot to his kids(he was a keen fitness type, oh the irony! Mum smokes like a lum and drinks like a fish!!!)
She's now 67 been a widow(horrible word) since but has a full and busy life since retiring- she don't want another bloke(live in/husband) but if she did, well it's her life and I wouldn't interfere, that's for sure, it's her life after all.

Well my wife isnt a goat either and I never insult her by calling our children "kids".

Get the drift?

She must be a goat if she married you which means you must have "kids". The poor nannie..
Get the drift? :mrgreen:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: rofl

I would't be bothered, been through it before when I was 19 mum found a new bloke after my dad (thankfully) finally left(wife beating ****), she was only 43. The new bloke turned out to be an a**e too, got her to raise his young family, pay off his debts, and he still cheated on her. Then he got cancer and died in '99, karma really. He died a very bitter and angry man, and with hindsight being ten years younger than mum I think he thought he'd ultimately inherit her house etc and divert the lot to his kids(he was a keen fitness type, oh the irony! Mum smokes like a lum and drinks like a fish!!!)
She's now 67 been a widow(horrible word) since but has a full and busy life since retiring- she don't want another bloke(live in/husband) but if she did, well it's her life and I wouldn't interfere, that's for sure, it's her life after all.
Thank you for this story. No micktake - I found it very honest.

Sponsored Links
Back