Electrian- Price costs estimates please how much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to start doing a few electrical jobs , how much should i be charging .
If anyone has there own buisiness or use to work as a sparky and can give me a rough idead on prices i should be charging i would be grateful.

email address removed, please read forum rules

Sponsored Links
hi m8
labour charges are around £15 per hour to £22.50 depends on job and the type of work, and the amount of time on site and travel and were you live.

no two jobs are the same ALWAYS USE A REGULATED ELECTRICAN

hope this helps
Onesongrg

Sponsored Links
best thing is dont be greedy, --then you get clients/customers .... then slowly raise your prices once you have loyal clients (eg builders who always use you)

greedy means you wont get any work.

Jim2287 said:
best thing is dont be greedy, --then you get clients/customers .... then slowly raise your prices once you have loyal clients (eg builders who always use you)

greedy means you wont get any work.

If you take this point a bit too far then it becomes what I term "Sleep with the director syndrome". Also by undercutting you`re possibbly driving competitors 9and standards) down.
Charge fairly to both yourself & the customer and do a decent honest job, there`s always someone who will charge less, let them. Don`t rip folk off though

i dont price anything since i work in a company...

take in account what ebee says, he makes a good point

pricing is really very hard to give advice since all jobs are a different scenario... old buildings, you come up with a lot of problems, newer ones (hopefully) you come up with less problems .

experience is really the only way to go - although i believe there are companies you can pay to make estimates for you, maybe have this done on several different jobs and quote around their mark

or, i assume you worked with a company over previous years, either while you were an apprentice or to make-ends-meat, perhaps ask them what they priced jobs at if you were friendly with them

if you get listed with your local council, they pay day rates, its usually boring crap work, but then you get some income, incase you price a little low/high on other jobs an dont make profit on jobs while you are first setting out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back