Electric Fence

Is it actually possible to own a cat? I thought they were defined in law as a 'free spirit', unlike dogs (which are owned)

Related to the fact that you don't have to report running over a cat to the local Police, but you do a Dog (and the dog's owners should be held liable if it just darted out into the traffic and caused an RTA ... not so with the cat)

Sponsored Links
Hey All,

I have read this a few times and I feel that he should have been prosocuted. He had intent to do damage when he set the electric fence up. Even if he did not intend to kill any one he still had the intent to do damage. Its like leaving a dangerous electrical install knowing you did a bad job and some one gets electrocuted. You are still accontable for your actions.

I am completely against cruelty to animals. They should have some one like the RSPCa involved. The person who put a fire work to a cats tail got six months and banned from keeping animals for the rest of his life. Something like that should of happened here.

I still feel there are some holes in the BBC news story and I feel that we have not been given the facts.

Adam

We'll let the cat poo all over your garden and see if you like it!
I think the intent was to scare the cat off - maybe he should have bought a dog.

Is it actually possible to own a cat? I thought they were defined in law as a 'free spirit', unlike dogs (which are owned)
That would be handy, as it would mean you could kill them (without causing unnecessary suffering), and not face any consequences.

Hey All,

I have read this a few times and I feel that he should have been prosocuted.
He was.

He had intent to do damage when he set the electric fence up. Even if he did not intend to kill any one he still had the intent to do damage.
I expect the dangerous maniac uses slug pellets too - perhaps he should be prosecuted for intending to do damage to slugs & snails.

Its like leaving a dangerous electrical install knowing you did a bad job and some one gets electrocuted. You are still accontable for your actions.
He was held accountable for them.

I am completely against cruelty to animals. They should have some one like the RSPCa involved. The person who put a fire work to a cats tail got six months and banned from keeping animals for the rest of his life. Something like that should of happened here.
I don't think he wants to keep animals.

It should have been the cat's owners who were prosecuted for allowing an animal to cause a nuisance. Why should their neighbour have to put up with it sh****ng in his garden because they are so selfish?

If they had a dog which they allowed to roam around, getting into neighbours gardens, defecating where it liked, killing wildlife etc they would be prosecuted, and there is no fair or logical reason whatsoever why they should not be in this case.

Sponsored Links
I vote we introduce the Hank Evans law... ( Me, Myself and Irene )

if your neighbours pet craps in your garden, you have the right to crap in the neighbours garden

all in favour say Aye!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back