electric gates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of installing electric gates approx 100 mtrs away from main house. I know I need armoured cable which will run to a weatherproof junction box for the transformer and all the works, etc. Someone has suggested I may need to put in another earth rod at this location. Is this correct? Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You might but it will on your supply type. Are there any conductive parts in that area?

What supply type do you have?

You may well need an earth local to gates however likely the gates themselves will provide that.
It is not simple and one has to consider type of supply and location of other buildings from same supply.
However this will be Part P notifiable and either the registered electrician or LABC will likely advise on this and it's not something you need to worry about.

Sponsored Links
if i fitted gates 100m from my house they would be covering the drive 4 houses down the street from me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back